Van Don-Mong Cai expressway to debut next month
Van Don-Mong Cai Expressway, which links an investment hub in Quang Ninh to the provincial border trade center, is set to enter operation on September 2, shortening the journey to 50 minutes from two hours.
The island district of Van Don is home to Van Don Economic Zone and Van Don International Airport, Vietnam’s first and only privately-invested airport.
Nguyen Tuong Van, Chairman of Quang Ninh province, has asked investors and contractors to complete the work in time for an inauguration ceremony on National Day.
The expressway is 80 kilometers long, passing through five districts including Van Don, Tien Yen, Dam Ha, Hai Ha and Mong Cai, with a total initial investment of VND11,195 billion ($478.6 million).
The first point of the expressway is located near Van Don airport, while the end point connects to Bac Luan 2 Bridge in Mong Cai town, which borders China.
The project includes the 16-kilometer Van Don-Tien Yen section, invested with the Quang Ninh province budget, and the Tien Yen-Mong Cai section done in the form of a public-private partnership (PPP) contract.
Up to now, the Van Don-Tien Yen route has been completed. The Tien Yen-Mong Cai route, more than 63 kilometers long, has seen 95% of work completed. The remaining 5% includes asphalting, installing sign systems, tollbooths and painting.
According to the Van Don Infrastructure Development and Investment Company, the investor of the Tien Yen-Mong Cai section, adverse weather prevented the project from completing as planned by the end of 2021. Contractors are rushing to complete the project’s remaining 5% of work, it said.
The expressway will shorten the time from Van Don to Mong Cai to 50 minutes instead of two hours, completing the expressway from Lao Cai through Hanoi, Hai Phong to Mong Cai town, forming the longest seamless expressway in Vietnam.
The Central Inspection Committee has proposed the Party Central Committee’s Secretariat considers disciplining Deputy Foreign Minister To Anh Dung and Nguyen Quang Linh, assistant to the Standing Deputy Prime Minister.
Politics - Mon, September 26, 2022 | 8:06 pm GTM+7
Ho Chi Minh City’s office market has recorded robust leasing transactions across all sub-markets this third quarter, thus keeping healthy performance, property services firm Knight Frank said Monday.
Real Estate - Mon, September 26, 2022 | 4:53 pm GTM+7
Two solar power plants in Ba Ria-Vung Tau province have been fined VND160 million ($6,700) for operating without official appraisal and acceptance.
Energy - Mon, September 26, 2022 | 4:44 pm GTM+7
Transitioning to low-carbon rice production offers the highest potential for Vietnam to meet its goal of reducing methane emissions by 30% by 2030 while boosting the competitiveness of this significant export item, a new World Bank study says.
Economy - Mon, September 26, 2022 | 4:08 pm GTM+7
Corio Generation, an offshore wind energy branch of Australia’s Macquarie's Green Investment Group, wants to make larger inroads into Vietnam via cooperation with state-run Petrovietnam.
Energy - Mon, September 26, 2022 | 3:04 pm GTM+7
Vietnam has the lowest “levelized” cost of solar energy in Southeast Asia, the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) says in its latest major energy-transition publication.
Energy - Mon, September 26, 2022 | 9:58 am GTM+7
The government is considering turning three military airports in Ninh Thuan, Dong Nai and Hanoi into military-civil airports.
Infrastructure - Sun, September 25, 2022 | 8:42 pm GTM+7
Heineken Vietnam inaugurated an expanded brewery in Ba Ria-Vung Tau province Saturday, saying it was the the biggest in Southeast Asia and used 100% renewable energy.
Industries - Sun, September 25, 2022 | 8:12 pm GTM+7
Hoang Anh Gia Lai JSC (HAGL) has suspended registration documents for a private placement of shares worth VND1,700 billion ($71.7 million) that it had submitted to the State Securities Commission.
Companies - Sun, September 25, 2022 | 5:42 pm GTM+7
Vietnam Airlines, Bamboo Airways and Vietjet Air have been honored with titles in different categories by UK-based air transport rating organization Skytrax.
Travel - Sun, September 25, 2022 | 3:53 pm GTM+7
Northern and central provinces have been told to prepare for supertyphoon Noru, which is heading in a northwest direction with wind speeds of up to 183 km per hour.
Society - Sun, September 25, 2022 | 3:35 pm GTM+7